- 200g Asparaguscut into 3cm pieces
- 200g Baby Marrowsthinly sliced
- 750ml Chicken Stockpreferably homemade
- 1 tin Butter Beanwashed and drained
- a pinch Nutmeg
- 250ml Cream
- 50g Watercresswashed and chopped
Stuffed and fried baby marrow flowers are seasonal delight and the perfect accompaniment to a creamy vegetable soup.
Stir-fry the vegetables in 5ml oil until glossy. Add the stock and beans, then season with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
Simmer the soup for 10 minutes. Blend half of the soup to the desired consistency, stir in the cream and watercress.
Heat until warm through. Don't boil. Serve immediately.